Monday, November 15, 2010

A Magic 3 letter word to get SUCCESS

To get Success what are the kinds of questions to avoid? And how can we turn them around with just one magic word?

The closed questions we’re talking about here include ones like:

Can I be more creative?
Can I create in new mediums?
Can I overcome my creative blocks?
Can I be consistently creative?
Can I develop my talents and experiences as a creative artist?

Now on the surface these don’t seem overtly negative. And they’re not. But the way they’re asked all prompt a “Yes” or “No” answer. They’re closed, in that sense.

More often than not, you’ll likely answer “No”. Even if you say “Yes”, then where does it get you? It doesn’t actually move you anywhere. It’s like saying “Do I have the ability to do things I’m not currently doing?”. Of course the answer is always “Yes”, but it doesn’t get you doing them.

Here’s where you pull out your magic word! There are 3 simple letters that when added to the questions above instantly give you motivation and momentum to move your creative life forward.

The 3 letters? H.O.W.

Put “How” at the beginning of these questions and what do they become?

How can I be more creative?
How can I create in new mediums?
How can I overcome my creative blocks?
How can I be consistently creative?
How can I develop my talents and experiences as a creative artist?

By asking “How”, you make the question into a presupposition. You make the assumption that you CAN do these things, and move straight to working out how. When you just ask your mind a “Can I” question, it’ll answer in a split second “Yes” or “No”. End of answer.

But when you ask “How can I…” then your mind instantly switches into creative mode and comes up with ideas and solutions. You can’t switch it off, being creative is what your mind does naturally. You’ve just got to ask the right questions to give it permission to get creative!

Try this and see the difference. All the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment